The Greek Online School is the first online Greek school founded in 2012. At The Greek Online School, qualified and specialised teachers, who are based in Greece, teach Greek as a second or foreign language to more than 1000 adults and children -from age 6- from all over the world. The Greek Online School hosts at least 400 live lessons every week in private, semi-private and group classes. This extensive experience in Greek language Education combined with our team’s creativity and passion to support Greek language learners, led to the creation of The Greek Online School LMS. Our team of teachers is constantly working on enhancing existing materials and developing new content. We are incredibly proud of our dedicated teachers!
About the course
Are you of Greek origin but can’t speak Greek? Would you like to be able to communicate with your Greek friends and relatives? Do you need Greek for your job or studies? Do you think it’s important to have a certificate of competency in Greek? Greek is not only the official language of Greece and Cyprus but is also spoken in Australia, the USA, in Canada, Russia and more. With a long history dating back to the 15th century BC, Greek greatly influenced all the European languages in sciences, arts, philosophy, and medicine.
Understanding the structure of the Greek language, that is its complex grammar, constitutes a great challenge in the process of learning Greek for non-native speakers. In this course you will find grammar phenomena of the A2 level that are fundamental in the process of learning Greek. If you feel that you need to know the basis of Greek in order for you to steadily advance with the language, you must choose this course.
Welcome to your Greek Grammar course. Here, on this platform you will find all the Greek grammar phenomena that you need to know for the A2 Level (basic knowledge).
Who is this course for?
- For students of Greek that have completed the A1 Level.
- For students of Greek who want to sit for the A2 Level Ellinomatheia exam.
- For students of Greek of all levels who would like to learn more about the basic grammar phenomena of the Greek language.
- For students of Greek of all levels who would like to get some practise in a fun and interactive way in grammar phenomena they already know but feel the need to revise.
Why enroll in this course?
- To take one step further in the grammar you already know (A1 beginner knowledge).
- To learn grammar phenomena appropriate for the Α2 Level.
- To practise and fully acquire the grammar of the A2 Level.
- To answer all your questions with the support of your instructor.
- To be certain that you are aptly prepared for the grammar part of the Ellinomatheia exam.
What can you do in this course?
- Watch videos with information on the grammar theory with lots of examples.
- Do a set of exercises, made of closed-ended or open-ended questions, with visual, audio and video material.
- Play with grammar using the embedded apps.
- Chat with fellow students in the forum.
- Ask for the instructor’s help.
About Greek Lessons OnLine
Stella Bompotsiari Vri, Founder & Director of Studies
Καλώς ήλθατε! A warm welcome to all of you who are ready to challenge yourselves in Greek! I am the Founder & Director of the Greek Online School. In my role, I combine my educational and technology studies with my passion to support our growing team of teachers and students. Now, get ready to experience the most innovative method of Greek grammar learning and for all you preparing for the Ellinomatheia Exams, I wish you the best of luck! Enjoy, you are in great hands!
Vasilis Vavaitis, Teacher
I hold a degree in Primary Education from the University of Athens and worked as a Greek language teacher since 1992 in many educational organizations in Greece, Bulgaria, England, Argentina and Poland. I joined The Greek Online School team in 2016, initially as a teacher. My involvement in The Greek Online School LMS gave a new perspective in my professional position and role as I truly hope my videos and instructions will inspire you to master Greek grammar!
Maria Gkeme, Teacher
I hold a BA in Greek Philology and an MA in Applied Linguistics from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. My studies engaged me into teaching Greek as a Second/Foreigh language, but also into applying new technologies on the learning procedure. Creating content for this LMS course was my part in trying to make grammar more approachable and comprehensible to Greek language learners. I hope I did it!
Stella Michael, Teacher
I hold a BA in Modern Greek Philology, an MA in Modern Greek Literature and I am currently a PhD Candidate. Ι have completed the course “Routes in teaching Modern Greek as a second/foreign language” and I taught Greek as a foreign language for seven years at the University of Cyprus and Cyprus College. I found the revision and editing process of The Greek Online School LMS quite challenging and very productive. So happy to be part of it!
- To be able to read in Greek recognising the letters of the alphabet and knowing the rules of reading and accentuating.
- To be able to recognise the basic sentence structure in Greek (subject-verb-object), understanding the function of cases (nominative – accusative) as well as that of verb conjugation.
- To be able to read, listen, understand, write and speak in basic communication contexts (meeting someone new, buying something, in order to fulfill basic daily needs Please find all detailed prerequisites for listening, speaking, writing and reading here.
- To be able to write in Greek with your keyboard. You can add the Greek language on your pc or just try this.